On a regular basis, my email inbox is filled with posts from many bloggers that I have followed. These are my current and long-term fave
Getting into the Spirit of Local
- Rachel’s Table: A Local Food Experiment
- Rachel is not local to me, but she is serious about what is local to her in Delaware, USA. Rachel posts regularly about discovering local food at markets and restaurants, and recently blogged about the difference between supermarket eggs and organic farm-fresh eggs. I re-blogged that here.
- There are really few wittier or more transparent bloggers out there than Heather Armstrong. If any. She is also a photographer, author, and style maven. All of which you will experience on her blog site.
- The Pioneer Woman
- You may be familiar with Ree Drummond from her Food Network show, or have heard about her cookbooks, etc. She does post about some fabulous-looking food, and definitely has some great photography, but what I enjoy most is her rambling wit. In the spirit of transparency, I don’t love all of her posts. I have seen more of her children and pets than I really care to, but in between all of those family photos is the frank good humour of “P-Dub”.
- The Sartorialist
- Scott Schuman is an international fashion photographer who shares some of his favourite outfits on his blog site. Models, street style, unexpected combinations of textures and patterns… it’s all there. Prepare to be inspired and perhaps confused.
- Caffeinated and Random
- A fellow (though less snobby) coffee lover, Jenny regularly posts a “Coffee of the Day” photo and description, and often blogs twice or even three times a day about food, people, TV shows, style… whatever is exciting to her that day.
- 100 Days of Real Food
- Lisa is a wife and mother who decided to take her family in the direction of real food. Now, she challenges her many readers to do without sugar or flour or processed foods, in the name of getting healthier. You’ll find recipes and creative real food ideas.
4 thoughts on “Playing Favourites: Blogs I enjoy”
Thanks for the shout-out, Sarah! I also enjoy The Pioneer Woman and am excited to check out your other favorites. . .you obviously have good taste! 🙂
Good list, I really enjoy those blogs too. I don’t know how we ever found inspiration before the internet 🙂
So true… We were all happy in our own worlds, I guess! With our real people and our encyclopedias. 🙂