- My first breakfast at a restaurant since starting my first Whole30, and I chose a diner. Hmm. I sucked it up and got a dairy-free omelette with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms, and tried not to think about what kind of oil it was fried in. I paid for the toast, home fries and coffee, but just drank water. Argh.
- A small bowl of the chilled green soup I made the other day. I added chopped cilantro and lime juice for flavour. I am a little bit unsatisfied with it, but I can’t put my finger on why.
- A spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, sauteed shrimp, a pinch or two of chopped cilantro, and my favourite homemade dressing yet: Apple Cider Vinegar dressing.
- 1 piece of locally-made garlic pork sausage (get it at Zehr’s Country Market on Hwy 21 South of Bayfield)
- Reheated oven-roasted chicken drumsticks
- Sweet potato “chips” (1 medium sweet potato, peeled & thinly sliced, coated lightly with olive oil, laid out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, sprinkled with salt and cayenne pepper, baked at 350 for about 20-25 mins, turning a few times and checking regularly to make sure thinner slices don’t burn)
- A few pieces of the fresh coconut I cracked last night
- 2 dates (I know)
- A few chunks of frozen banana