Cliches ‘r’ Us: It Never Rains but it Pours

I was grateful that Johnathan (my boyfriend, for the uninitiated) was away for the weekend (even though I’m bloody jealous he got to go to Ottawa and party while I got to work and study), because it meant that I could focus just on working on the two papers I have due on Monday, and then maybe some reading (for school, always for school between September and April!).

Did I mention I also work full-time on weekends? Lately I have been working about 25 hours every weekend.

I go back to reminding you that I was grateful that I had no other engagements this weekend, just work and the books.

I was feeling a bit swamped already. Two papers! Due on the SAME! DAY! Jeez I can never even finish all of the necessary reading, let alone WRITE on top of that!

And then… it poured.

I got a reminder email around 11 PM last night that my final report for my contract position as the Taste of Huron Accommodation Package Development Coordinator was due the next day. AKA today, a day that I planned to be full from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., all before I started to work on my two papers, etc.

I freaked out a bit, but then thought: I can get it done in a couple of hours, no problem!

Then my supervisor gave me a word of advice: “I wouldn’t consider this a one-day job”. GULP. Who has even ONE day?! Not I!!

Still, I considered it all day today, thinking, no problem, I’ll just whip something together and hope for the best. I’ll get some feedback from my participants, etc.

When I got home, I realized that I was not ready even to hope for the best. It was hours later before I could even bring myself to start doing ANYTHING report-related! I have never done such a report before, and really have no idea where to start. I am going on my supervisor’s email and hoping for the best.

I may have sent her and the Event Coordinator both lovely “HELLLLLP!!” emails which are sure to brighten their Friday nights!

Now, it’s past midnight. I actually have 28 pages of, well, something that looks impressive, at least, even if it may not at ALL be what I’m supposed to be doing. Again, I have no idea.

What I DO know is that my back hurts and my bum hurts and I’m tired… and, once again, I have to put off my papers until another night. Sigh. How does this always happen to me?

PS. Anyone wanna tackle my Dish Mountain? That was on my original Friday evening agenda, which went out the window just over 12 hours ago. Luckily I’m well-versed in rinsing and stacking…..

What do you think? Please don't be shy...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s